Here we go again. We have baked our banana bread, learned the TikTok dances and singled out our names to find out which dogs we were on Instagram. With cabin fever setting in, I decided it was time to take my quarantine pastimes outdoors.
At the beginning of the year, my resolution was to actually make it through my annual Bucket List…then a global pandemic hit. Instead of taking a total 2020 raincheck, I want to see how much I could get done. I am here to share that with you.
My Ultimate Indy Summer Bucket List
- Drive-In Movie. This is at the top of my list! I think I have gone through every movie from The Godfather to When Harry Met Sally during the two-month strict lockdown. Tibbs Drive-In Theatre is Indianapolis’s last standing drive-in located on the southwest side. The theatre shows a double feature on four separate screens, offering a movie for everyone. Movie showings are on Friday through Monday nights.
480 South Tibbs Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46241
2. Beer Run, not to the liquor store but around town! On August 8, Indiana Brewery Running Series hosts their 2020 Beer Run 5K. The 3.1 fun run starts and ends at breweries and a portion of the proceeds supports local nonprofits. The event is still on as they are taking proper social distancing measures while being outdoors.
3. Indy Ultimate. Want the ultimate Indianapolis experience? For $10, you can run/walk the most iconic sports venues, city landmarks, arts and cultural sites around the area. The package includes an Adidas t-shirt and finisher medal – or make your own loop around the downtown area for free. Indiana Sports Corp hosts events all year long, follow the link for more information! https://www.indianasportscorp.org/events
4. Field Day – Here at NCW we are throwing it way back and having a week of field day activities. From water balloon toss, volleyball, hula hoop, three-legged race – anything that brings you back to the good ole days.
5. Music Classes – A band named Arkells out of Hamilton, Ontario is doing free Flatten the Curve Music Classes (#FTCMusicClasses). As one who loves to perform but may be a little tone deaf, I am taking full advantage of this one. Watch out world as I come out of quarantine as the next Beyoncé thanks to Arkells. Watch it here live! https://www.instagram.com/arkellsmusic/
6. Farmers Market. Support local farmers while also walking away with fresh produce, flowers and more. The Fort Ben Farmers Market of Lawrence starts conveniently after work every Thursday at 4:00pm, just in time for dinner.
9230 Memorial Park Dr
Indianapolis, IN 46216
7. Doggie Yoga – I have heard of Goat Yoga (as any Bachelor fan should) but Doggie Yoga changes the game. Metazoa Brewing Company is putting on a 60-minute yoga session with pints and pups! The event is on Saturday October 17, not quite summer, but it lets you get a jump start on finding your inner Zen.
8. Peloton is revamping the at home workout sitch. They launched their 90-day free trial back in April and it is still valid today! This freemium requires no equipment and even features guided outdoor walks and runs to keep with our outdoorsy theme! https://www.onepeloton.com/digital/**checkout/digital-90d
To say I have crossed anything off my bucket list would be a lie. But I have downloaded the Peloton app so that is a start!
Let’s take advantage of the summers that Indianapolis offers. Whether you are interested in one of these events or one of the many others not included on this list, there are plenty of fun things to do safely this summer amidst COVID-19.